LED STORM Grow Lights
Developed at MIT, we are using the best and most energy efficient Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) LED grow lighting available today. LEDStorm lights increase plant water retention on a cellular level, reducing the amount of water required for the life of the plant. LEDStorm lighting also creates quicker CO2 uptake within the plant, creating healthier, faster producing plants more resistant to pests and mold attack. Increasing CO2 uptake on average produces 25% faster plant growth and fruit production.
The LEDStorm lighting system we use is a more efficient and natural approach to grow lighting; different from typical High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps used in greenhouses today, and different from typical Light Emitting Diode (LED) grow lighting systems. In an EMS system we utilize a unique blend of invisible spectra on the Infrared range. This blend of higher nano-meter range frequencies actually interacts with the visible spectra present in the fixture, and alters the characteristic of their wavelengths.
The EMS wavelength energy emitted penetrates through the entire plant, right through to the roots. When utilizing EMS technology, micromole (umol) measurement (photons of light passing through a given area) and Photo-synthetically Active Radiation (PAR) analysis are not enough alone. It is actually the coupling of these different energy sources that are relevant to create a more efficient means of affecting the growth performance of the plant.
The Most Eco-Friendly Grow Lights Available
- Lightweight Electromagnetic Spectrum Lighting.
- Durable – Impact resistant design survives shipping & daily use and abuse. Heat, Cold, Humidity & Water resistant.
- Low Power – 60 watts per light (1/6th the power needed compared to typical full spectrum grow lights).
- Little to no heat from the lights. (heat = wasted energy and shorter operating life).
- Long Life – No parts to wear out or replace.
- Safe for humans and plant use 24 hours a day. No rest period required when exposed to plants means a faster growing cycle and more harvests per year.
(Scott L Gordon, 2010)
Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) energy is created by wavelengths generated by the invisible light spectrum. Visible light also has electromagnetic properties, however its shorter wavelengths are weaker and less penetrative.
The stronger energy of these invisible spectrum’s, interacting with the visible spectrum, alters the characteristics of the waves of their visible counterparts, and when coupled with the different colors of the visible spectrum, creates a delivery system that increases the penetrative values of the lesser wavelengths.
Electromagnetic Spectrum (EMS) energy reacts with the physiology of humans, animals, and plants. These deep penetrating wavelengths, generated by the invisible spectrum, that in nature are relevant during the day and night, actually excite molecular activity.
- Conformal Coated PCB is resistant to water and high humidity.
- Performs well in hot and cold conditions.
- Suitable for all growth phases.
- Covers up to a 5’x5’ (25 square foot) area.
- 60 watts.
- Plug in Power supply.
- Line-in Voltage: 90-309vac (higher voltages available upon request, additional cost applies).
- Line-out Voltage: 24/48vdc (12vdc upon request).
- 6 ft 12/0 power cord, with 3 prong Hubbell style plug. (Twist-lock and other styles available upon request, additional cost applies).
- (Electromagnetic Spectrum) blended Invisible spectrum. The LEDStorm Grow Spectrum emits an unique wavelength energy field that penetrates through the entire plant, through the soil, right into the root system, interacting with the plant’s physiology in ways other lights cannot.
- The visible spectrum also produces a natural looking source that will not distort the appearance of your plants and creates a more pleasant working environment.
- Fixture comes with Yoke, Bail Block, Pipe Clamp, and Carabiner-makes it easy to rig a variety of ways in any location.
- Fixture Weight (with rigging): 3 Lbs 2 ounces.
- Fixture With attached power supply (with rigging): 4 Lbs 2 ounces.
- Reduced Water needs for the same growth.
- Reduced nutrient/fertilizer load for healthy plants.